Make Friends with Your Local White Oak Timber Buyer
If there’s one thing Walnut Timber Buyers wants to be known for, it’s our dedication to our clients. We are a family-owned business who believes in treating everyone like family. Thus, we work to achieve complete satisfaction from the landowners we assist. As the leading white oak timber buyer in IL, we’ve developed the relationships needed to get you the most from your white oak wood.
Near three decades of experience is a part of Walnut Timber Buyers. Loggers, landowners and mills across the Midwest know us for our excellent service in all aspects of timber harvesting and sales. Moreover, we work with importers to ship your wood overseas, helping to get you the best price available.
Let it Grow!
The idea of selling white oak as soon as you’re able is appealing, but ultimately will net you much less money. Especially if you set on a property with a large amount of wooded land, it’s beneficial to find the biggest trees of the bunch and save the rest for a later time.
- The Minimum
- Before a timber buyer even looks at your tree, it must meet a minimum of at least 12 inches in diameter (on the small end of the log) and 10 feet long. However, by waiting longer, that tree will grow into something even more valuable.
- Staggered Growth
- Many people go with a one-time clearing, where we find the white oak trees ready to be harvested and buy them for the best price possible. However, if looking to make tree sales more consistent, the growth of trees must be staggered, so a new batch is ready every few years.
- Patience Required
- Growing white oak timber or any other timber is not a quick process. If you have a large amount of wooded land, you may have a head start without knowing it. However, it takes decades before white oak has matured to the best age for harvesting.
Our Harvesting Process
Walnut Timber Buyers takes great care when harvesting your trees. We’ve developed a harvesting method to ensure we only collect the most valuable trees, and that we sell them for the best price possible. As the white oak timber buyer IL trusts, we know how to get the job done right.
- We evaluate all trees for the best value.
- Trees we will cut we mark, and we establish property lines.
- The timber is carefully cut down, with care to avoid streams and creeks.
- We build and grade roads to transport your wood to a more accessible location.
- During cleanup, we cut up the tops of trees and make sure we leave as little a footprint as possible.
Get in Touch
Call our harvesters at Walnut Timber Buyers today to get advice and service from the best white oak timber buyer in IL. You can contact us today at 309-204-9325. We serve Illinois and Missouri. Also, we are located at 8727 Arenzville Rd. Beardstown, IL 62618.