How to Easily Sell Walnut Wood in Iroquois County IL
Timber sales throughout Illinois and the Midwest are some of the most profitable due to the abundance of high-quality trees many landowners possess. If you’re one such landowner yourself, you will benefit from selling walnut, white oak and other popular tree species on your property. However, what’s the process to sell walnut wood in Iroquois County IL? Thankfully, for those inexperienced with the local timber market, Walnut Timber Buyers can be your guide.
The Timber Sale Process
With help from Walnut Timber Buyers, landowners, loggers and importers can more easily sell timber for maximum value. As such, here are a few of the primary steps of the timber sale process:
- Tree Appraisal – Before trees are harvested, Walnut Timber Buyers will visit your property to appraise your trees. We use such factors as age, blemishes, size, etc., to determine the overall value of timber. The most valuable trees are then marked for loggers to harvest.
- Select Harvesting – After trees are appraised, we next begin logging those trees. Using the Select Harvest Method, we only fell the marked (most valuable) trees and do so with care to avoid water hazards and property lines.
- Log Organization – Every log we cut is carefully moved to a location on your property via graded roads we create. Logs are organized based on size and quality and are prepared for eventual transportation once a buyer is found.
- Harvest Cleanup – Once harvesting is complete, we take steps to ensure we leave your property cleaner than when we found it. The tops of trees are cut up and recycled to minimize the environmental footprint timber harvesting can leave.
- Securing a Buyer – Next, Walnut Timber Buyers helps find a buyer for your cut logs. Our team possesses extensive partnerships and connections with local sawmills and importers. This always allows us to find a buyer willing to pay maximum market value for your wood.
- Sale Finalization and Timber Processing – When a buyer has been secured, we handle the remainder of the sales process. This includes the transfer of funds, transportation of logs, processing of timber at our sawmill, etc. You receive money for your sale upon a sale’s finalization.
Why Pick Walnut Timber Buyers?
Walnut Timber Buyers is unique in our approach to sell walnut wood in Iroquois County IL. Unlike other local timber companies throughout the Midwest, we handle all aspects of a timber sale in-house. We believe your timber sale shouldn’t have any middlemen. Having multiple logging contractors involved in your sale can complicate the process and consume a significant fraction of your profits. As such, Walnut Timber Buyers employs all the necessary staff to complete your timber sale easily and successfully.
Talk with Our Team
If you believe there are valuable trees among the timber on your land, reach out to Walnut Timber Buyers to help sell walnut wood in Iroquois County IL. To learn more about our process or request a tree appraisal, contact us today at 309-204-9325. Also, we are located at 8727 Arenzville Rd, Beardstown, IL 62618.